Oh the places you will go..

Saturday, October 29, 2011

this is my favorite book ever..
here are a couple great quotes from it.

"Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.  And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets.  Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
............

And will you succeed?!
You will, indeed!(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!"

Dr. Seuss is a genius. Down right pure genius. 
This is definately my favorite it book in the world.. 
needless to say it got me through mid terms cause I read it about four times one night alone. If you haven't read it in a while  I would recommend it.
 I am most definitely reading this book to my children every night of their lives. 

xoxo,
nich

No comments :