La Paz Bolivia

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Flying straight into Cochabamba isn't an option. You have to fly to La Paz or Santa Cruz and then you have to get a separate flight to Cocha. We ended up flying through La Paz because it was cheaper but the first time I was in La Paz I was extremely altitude sick. The second time everyone was warning us about how dangerous it is for Americans. I have never felt unsafe outside the US but honestly we had been warned by so many people I felt a little uneasy about wandering around the city. The church doesn't allow anyone beside natives to serve in La Paz because it's so dangerous. We ended up having the best time. We found a wonderful Thai restaurant wandering the market and going to this road, which is technically haunted after dark, but I have this thing for rainbow roads! We flew out the next morning and everything went great and we were safe :) American Airlines lied to us yet again and after paying for a non stop straight to Miami they had us stop in Santa Cruz and have a layover so you can imagine how thrilled we were about that. Then they had me throw away all of my toiletries and makeup so leaving Santa Cruz was no easy task :) 














No comments :