salt water in my veins.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sometimes i feel like i have salt water in my veins
not like a constant sting flowing through my body
but a part of the ocean that brings me peace;
 the ocean has always had the power to do this for me. 


it's like those days when you can feel the 
earth is round beneath your feet,
when you realize you are a speck in a 
speck of a tiny little speck,
but you still know you are important and how lucky
and blessed you are to be where you've arrived.

The other day I was standing on top of crouching lion this
is when I, once again,was reassured by
 the peaceful grace the ocean brings
the view down was one of the most
 peaceful things I've ever encountered.
In the center of kahana bay there was a ripple that continued
perfectly until it reached the shoreline.


Then for as far as I could see the horizon was steady,
the beauty was flawless and it was one of those moments
when I felt like salt water was raging through me 
as if it was becoming a part of me.


I'm not quite sure when this salt water made
 it's way into my veins
but there are days when I am almost sure it's there  
this probably started when I was a toddler 
running around moonlight beach eating donuts
and my mother distracting me from my chicken pocks 
as I built sand castles at ocean beach.
or
It could just be the fact that
 I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world
but time after time I am amazed at 
the beauty that the ocean brings
and just like that ripple effect into 
kahana bay and the peace it brings me
 the ocean has the power to make you feel that beneath your feet, the earth is round,
and realize the steady horizon and how it never ends.


try to feel the salt water run through your veins,
it's really good.


xoxo,
nich


No comments :